Friday, May 22, 2009

DeveloperDaisiesOneDay

DEVELOPER.STOP.DEATH. I am pretty sure that everyone that saw this movie absolutely adored it. Not only was it side strikingly hilarious but it was witty, well shot and brilliantly edited. A huge part of this movie had to do with risk.

The team that came together to create this film were not afraid to take their film to the next level. I was talking to some of the guys and they told me that the entire movie was done in one shot. Do you know how hard that is? Every action has to work the first time, all of the lighting has to be exact and the actors have to step up their game and stay focused until the movie is complete. The film was also shot by someone who was in the movie... He was one of the characters as well as the cinematographer. I found that this gave the film a unique feel and it of course added to the horror film aspect that the guys were trying to maintain throughout. This movie and the wicked cool guys behind this movie inspire me to keep going and keep making films. The fact that the This movie and the wicked cool guys behind this movie inspire me to keep going and to keep making films. The fact that they are only one year older then I show’s me that I am capable of making some films that are just as stellar as theirs. GOOD JOB GUUYSSSSSS I LOVED IT 

One Day I watched a film by the name of One Day and it was awesome. The plot was very cute and realistic, the acting was very good, the script was well written and over all I really liked it.

The only thing that drove me crazy about this film (this also goes for many other films) is the audio. I can’t stand when there is bad audio... For example, when the boy and his girl are walking into his house all of the audio is so quiet and the audience members have to strain to hear what is going on. I completely understand how hard audio is when it comes to making films but I find that it isn’t that difficult to fix. You have to make sure that you don’t get ahead of yourself while filmmaking and you just have to be aware of whats around you and how it could potentially be affecting your audio. Other than that I loved this film GO HARRY CHEUNG ahah


I have mad respect for everyone that makes movies, whether they are 3 minute shorts or 35 minute horrors. I feel like the most tedious, time consuming and stressful course in the entire school, can be the most rewarding as well. Speaking from my own personal experience, after Zahailey and I had completed our abstract film and handed it in neither of us had felt so accomplished in our lives. We were sitting in a theatre watching as people viewed our movie for the first time...not only did they come out and choose to watch our movie (sometimes more than once) but they paid to see it as well... it was outrageous watching in silence as our film rolled along. I would and WILL be doing it again. Lovely Cow productions have just begun.




THE FINAL FIN.
tRAcie.E. volpe



PS ... The screenings are stellar as they are. Thanks for an awesome year miss 

No comments:

Post a Comment