Wednesday, May 6, 2009

open your eyes and watch.. "The Fall"





You probably shouldn't be reading this if you have not watched the movie The Fall. My God .. I tip my hat soooo far off to this film.. to the director ..the actors .. the editors, producers, costume designers and everyone else that was even slightly involved. It is one hell of a movie.

I will start with the plot and see if I can do it the justice it deserves. The plot is quite simple, actually. It is about a young man whos job was being a stunt person in movies. After one of his stunts, he is hospitalized because of the failed attempt. He becomes extremely depressed and suicidal because of the whole ordeal.. and on top of that he loses the love of his life to a rich actor. While in the hospital he meets a glorious little girl named Alexandria who saves his life. Throughout the film the main character Roy Walker befriends little Alexandria and narrates a story that he has created by fusing together patients, staff and others with imagined personas and placing them in exotic lands in his mind..All of this in order to persuade the little girl to steal a fatal jar of morphine pills for the suicidal Roy. Alexandria is so enthralled by the story that she will do anything in order to have Roy complete the "epic tale of love and revenge"... I am going to leave it at that..I don't want to spoil it :)

CINEMATOGRAPHY ... whhhhhatTTTTTTTTTTTT... Okay ..the cinematography in this film is outrageaous. I wish that my mind could create the images that Roy creates within his mind. This film was shot on location in 18 different countries around the world. I think that they chose the most amazing places to film on the planet. The shots of the desert and of the blue city were some of the most extrodinary shots that I have ever seen.. Perhaps it is just me..but I thought that they were abosolutely amazing.
I rate this to be top five in my favourite movies list. It is extrordinarily creative..the characters were brilliant and the story made me laugh made me angry..it also made me cry.. To have a movie evoke such strong and true feeling from a person is a very special thing.. But to also incorporate an award winning movie from a cinematographic angle throws it over the edge. Props to this amazing director and as I said earlier to anyone that was in anyway a part of The Fall.

Recommendation..... You should already know. ENJOY

FIN - TeV

No comments:

Post a Comment