Wednesday, February 18, 2009

JAWA wa?? waa???wa?

The first thing that comes to my mind after watching this JAWA style film is ..Experimental or Abstract. I was confused, I am not going to lie..I had to watch it more then once and I am still not sure what I'm supposed to be getting out of this film.

When Ms. A was briefly describing Jawa she explained that the idea behind its style is to take clips from several different films, TV shows, animations ect.. and mesh them together creating something unique and, at times, experimental. I understand the style but this video in particular is perhaps a bit too outside of the box for me.


I recall being told about a South Park Jawa and so I searched through YouTube and came across a video by the name of Tetsuo - Radiation Mix..Although I did not find the video I was initially looking for.. I kept searching and came across even more JAWA style videos .. slowly grasping the idea behind these experimental films.


I find that Jawa films are not hiding anything ..They are films created in an attempt to portray something experimental, or perhaps, as i said before, something outside of the box.

If anything I would like to look into the Jawa style quite a bit more. It is an intriguing style but I still am not as fond of it as I believe I could potentially be. I shall keep searching and I shall stay open-minded while exploring this unique style.


FIN-tracieVVV

No comments:

Post a Comment