Tuesday, January 13, 2009

.Simplecomplexity.

I am going to start this whole blogging shin-dig off by talking about a video I recently recall seeing on YouTube. The video I have in mind is a music video by the band Ok Go. This video consists of 4 band members performing a choreographed dance, you could say, to their song "Here it goes again". The unique and intriguing thing about this film is that they are dancing on treadmills.

From a cinematography angle this film is extremely simple and not dynamic at all. The camera is in the same spot from beginning to end, there is not one pan, zoom, or cut. I like this video so much because it shows you that you don't have to be a crazy talented videographer in order to create something entertaining and clever. It is almost like a breath of fresh air to watch something so simple yet so entertaining, I love it. I also really like how it looks as though they just set up some treadmills, played their song and had fun with it.. without a ton of producers and people telling them what to do and how to do it.. it seems as though they took it into their own hands and made an awesome video.



This kind of simple film inspires me to play around with the camera and to experiment with different ideas that I have in my head, without over thinking them and without trying to make them more then what they should be. They also help to give me confidence when it comes to thinking that my ideas may be foolish... it makes me more willing to go through with them anyways no matter how foolish..you can always rewind and start fresh... it’s just film right?


Fin

1 comment:

  1. Nice one, Trace!
    I like that you chose something completely different - something that interests you. Well explained, too.

    keep em' coming

    ms. a

    ReplyDelete